The Advisor Team will assist in working with the Federal Aviation Administration and complying with all federal laws that cover the guidelines in Title 49 of the United States Code on Transportation as noted below.
TITLE 49 § 47134 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE ON TRANSPORTATION
The U.S. Code demands the following regarding the potential lease of an airport:
- The airport will continue to be available for public use on reasonable terms and conditions and without unjust discrimination.
- The operation of the airport will not be interrupted in the event that the purchaser or lessee becomes insolvent.
- The lessee will maintain, improve, and modernize the facilities of the airport through capital investments and will submit to the Secretary of Transportation a plan for carrying out such maintenance, improvements, and modernization.
- Safety and security at the airport will be maintained at the highest possible levels.
- The adverse effects of noise from operations at the airport will be mitigated to the same extent as at a public airport.
- Any adverse effects on the environment from airport operations will be mitigated to the same extent as at a public airport.
- Any collective bargaining agreement that covers employees of the airport and is in effect on the date of the lease of the airport will not be revoked by the lease.